Jenny, one of my international clients.
It can feel really hard to be stuck and not sure what you want to do with your… (Insert any of the following: life, career, relationship, etc).
Jenny does know that she wants to make some changes in her life. She’d made a list of possible career options, though wasn’t really sure that any of these ideas interested her enough to take them to the next level. Was it that she wasn’t really committed to any of these things? May be it was because that negative person on her shoulder was saying, ‘what’s the point, you won’t be able to do any of them anyway because… (Insert your own negative thinking response here such as: ‘you’re too old,’ or ‘you don’t have any qualifications,’ or ‘you’d never be any good at it.’ etc)’
In times like this wouldn’t it be wonderful if your coach, partner, best friend or boss could simply say: “You’d be really good at…” and solve the confusion for us? With the mystery solved and you could go off and enjoy the rest of your life, as Jenny says “happy ever after!”
I have experienced confusion and waiting around for someone else to come and save me and tell me what I needed to do. They never came.
Trust me… you’ll be waiting a very long time! People will offer advice and ideas, though often their solutions are based on their own opinions of what you should do and not necessarily what you want to do.
The answer lies within…
Stop waiting and start creating your own life. YOU are actually the person that YOU are waiting for!
We all have the gift of intuition. Have you ever thought about a friend and a few minutes later the phone rings and it’s your friend is calling you? Or, you’re in the shower and suddenly you solve that work problem that you were struggling with all day.
You intuition is always communicating with you but sometimes in the busy-ness of life, we don’t bother to listen or it gets lost in the noise around us.
“The intellect has little to do on the road to discovery. There comes a leap in consciousness, call it intuition or what you will, and the solution comes to you, and you don’t know how or why.”
Albert Einstein, Physicist and Nobel laureate.
He’s how to tap into your intuition and begin to listen to your Wise-Self…
- Make time to listen to your intuition – The best time for this to happen is usually when you are relaxed and more open to receiving information. Schedule time to relax. Some of the following might help you:
- go for a walk
- lie on your back and watch the clouds in the sky
- take a shower or a long relaxing bath
- listen to nature
- go jogging
- listen to music that inspires you
- take time to reflect
- plan some thinking time into your day
- practice some deep breathing
- Journal writing – Allow your intuition to speak to you through pen and paper. Focus on images, words, emotions and/or any physical sensations that you experience while thinking about the situation. It’s amazing how powerful writing can be. Intuition may show up straight away, or it may appear two days later while you’re walking the dog. Journaling can really help you to release your thinking and awaken your creativity.
- Explore the possibilities – Try each one on for size, like you would try on new clothes. What does it feel like, look like and sound like? Become the explorer in your life. This will help your intuition to find a way to speak to you.
- Look out for the Goose Bumps! – Intuition can talk to us in many ways. For me, I get a tingling sensation and goose bumps on my lower arms. It’s like a zap of energy flowing out from my soul! I know to take notice of it, as it’s usually very wise. It might come to you many ways. For example as a hunch, a visual image, a sense of relief, a release of tension or a voice saying ‘Just do it!’ Sometimes it’s just a sense of knowing. These are usually followed by a sense of laser-like clarity and focus. It just feels right. You might then start to feel excited or passionate. Your intuition will also warn you and let you know if something is not right. You may experience these as a feeling of confusion or concern. You may feel drained, bored or the voice in your head is saying ‘Don’t do it!’ Again, these are clear messages from your intuition. You just know.
- Take action – Act on your intuition as soon as possible. This doesn’t mean quit your job straight away! This means act on the information. Learn to trust it and follow it. Have faith in yourself.
You have the key to Unlock Your Life’s Potential.
So STOP WAITING and START CREATING today… listen to your deeper voice.